This policy applies to all personal information collected by QMGN Pty Ltd trading as Quayside Motors ABN 82 098 717 787 and its subsidiaries. Quayside Motors is committed to complying with the Australian Privacy Principles which govern the collection, use, storage and disclosure of personal information by businesses and allow individuals to access that information and have it corrected if it is incorrect. This policy explains how we meet this commitment.
2. The kinds of personal information we collect and hold.
The kinds of personal information we collect and hold may include your name, address, date of birth, employment details, telephone or mobile phone number and other contact information.
3. How we collect and hold your personal information.
Where possible we will collect your personal information directly from you, for example if you enquire about our products and services or you enter into a contract with us. Sometimes we may collect your personal information from third parties. Those third parties include finance and insurance companies (in relation to your request for products or services) and service providers or individuals (where we conduct a credit, employment or reference check).
We have security measures in place to protect your personal information whilst under our control. These measures include controls around access to our premises and systems, requiring our employees to comply with this policy and requiring third party service providers to keep the information we provide to them confidential. Personal information is de-identified, deleted or destroyed securely when no longer required by us.
4. Why we collect and hold your personal information.
We will only collect and hold your personal information where it is reasonably necessary to enable us to carry on our business or provide products and services to you. If you do not provide this information it may not be possible for us to conduct business with you or supply you with the products or services you require. The situations where we may collect and hold your personal information include:
- If you contact us or make an enquiry
- If you buy a vehicle from, or book a service through, one of our dealerships
- If you are a customer or client of one of our businesses
- If we have a business relationship with you
- If you apply for a position with the company or we are considering you as a contractor
- Where it is necessary to comply with any law or regulation governing the conduct of our business
5. Why we use and disclose your personal information
We may use or disclose your personal information for the primary purpose for which it is collected e.g. to provide you with products or services you have requested, to consider your application for a position or to comply with a law or regulation. We may also use and disclose your personal information for a purpose related to the primary purpose where you have consented or where you would reasonably expected us to disclose that information e.g. to administer a warranty or other service to which you are entitled, to notify you about changes to our services, or in the ordinary operation and administration of our business.
We may share your personal information with our subsidiaries. We may disclose your personal information:
- to vehicle and parts manufacturers, financiers, insurers, agencies and our contractors or third party service providers in Australia in connection with the purposes set out above;
- to manufacturers and third party service providers overseas, again in connection with the purposes set out above;
- or if we are allowed or required to by the Australian Privacy Principles, a Court or by regulation or law.
We will only disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent in the circumstances set out in this policy or as otherwise notified to you at the time of collection.
6. How you can access your personal information and correct it
You may request access to the personal information we hold about you. We will respond to your request within 30 days. If you believe the information is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate you can contact us and ask us to correct it. If we refuse to give you access or correct it or restrict or limit your request we will explain why.
7. Privacy complaints
If you have a complaint about the treatment of your personal information please contact us in writing. It would assist us if you could indicate that you are making a “Privacy Complaint”. We will investigate your complaint and respond within 30 days setting out the steps we will take to resolve your concerns. If you are not satisfied with the outcome you may ask the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) to investigate your complaint. Further information on the OAIC complaint process is available at www.oaic.gov.au.
We collect information from our website using “IP files”. When you visit this site our system will record your IP address (the address which identifies your computer or mobile device on the internet), the date and time of your visit, the site from which you linked to our site, the pages viewed and any information downloaded. You cannot be identified from this information and it will only be used for the purpose of site analysis and to help us offer improved online services.
9. How to contact us for issues concerning privacy
This policy was last updated in January 2020. If we change this policy, we will post the updated policy on this site.